Vendor InformationEverything You Need To Know As A Vendor
Social media is a chief tool in our advertising effort. This year we are launching a Flea Market Group within our Facebook page and will be updating the Facebook page regularly. Vendors will be invited and encouraged to participate in our Facebook Flea Market Network through the creation of their own Facebook identities and pages. We will be boosting our Facebook posts through paid ads to reach new Polk Flea Market customers. The Flea Market will continue to be posted in multiple locations on Craigslist and other forums.
We have long-standing relationships with a variety of print media including Old Stuff Newspaper; the local Polk County Itemizer-Observer; the Statesman Journal; the Albany Democrat-Herald and Christine Palmer & Associates. Additionally, we advertise with our friends at KYKN radio station and Prestige Theaters. Polk Flea Market is a member of the Monmouth-Independence Chamber of Commerce and Travel Salem. We are always looking for new advertising venues and welcome your suggestions.
Upcoming Market Dates
9/3/17 • 10/1/17
11/5/17 • 12/3/17
1/7/18 • 2/4/18 • 3/4/18 • 4/1/18
5/6/18 • 6/3/18 • 7/1/18
The Polk Flea Market is looking forward to having you join our Flea Market Family. We are constantly looking for ways to add variety and new faces to the Flea Market. We have a total of 183 vendor tables available for vendors (keep in mind the original Haley’s Flea Market in Salem had 553). At this time, about 97% of the tables are permanent vendor assignments.
Each month we have tables that become available due to a variety of reasons, from last minute emergencies or illness to planned family events. Most of the tables come open the week prior to the market. We begin taking phone calls and texts from prospective vendors the weekend prior to the flea market at (503) 428-8224. You can email me anytime during the month at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning the weekend prior to the show, we I will contact prospective vendors from the waiting list as tables become open. We will continue to contact folks right up to the morning of the show. There have been months where on Thursday we had only had three empty tables to fill. On Friday, the day before set-up,
Once you have set up at your first Flea Market, you will have priority to return. Permanent tables are assigned as vendors retire from the pool of returning vendors. Medical leaves of absence are routinely given to permanent vendors. Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.
• Polk Flea Market is a family-friendly show. Adult items must be kept out of children’s view.
• Vendors are required to give 7-day advance notice of cancellation. Failure to give 7-day notice will result in charging for the table.
• Setup hours are Saturday from 12pm-3pm (except Nov & Dec) and Sunday from 6am-9am.
• Show hours are Sunday, general admission from 9am-3pm. Early bird admission Sunday from 6am-9am and Saturday during setup hours.
• No dollies, hand trucks or loading out merchandise until 3pm. Failure to stay set up until 3pm may result in loss of permanent vendor table assignments.
• Must park in vendor parking during show hours. Convenient loading and loadout available before and after the show.
• Show provides tables and chairs. Vendor provides table covers and merchandise. Table covers are required.
• Subletting or donating of space partially or in its entirety is not permissible without the consent of show management.
• The County Health Inspector has designated the main building of the Polk County Fairgrounds off limits to pets. Therefore, there are no pets allowed. Service animals specifically trained to aid a person with a disability are welcome.