- 1 Who is the most famous person from Marion County Florida?
- 2 What is open in Ocala FL?
- 3 What is there to do in Ocala for free?
- 4 What is there to do in Ocala this weekend?
- 5 What celebrities live in Palm Coast Florida?
- 6 Is Ocala FL a good place to live?
- 7 What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
- 8 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 9 Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
- 10 What is there to do in Ocala at night?
- 11 How far is Ocala from beach?
- 12 Is Ocala worth visiting?
- 13 Is there anything to do in Ocala?
- 14 What does Ocala Florida have to offer?
Who is the most famous person from Marion County Florida?
The pictures are Star-Banner file photos.
- John Travolta. The two-time Academy Award nominee who starred in decades of films from “Grease” to “Pulp Fiction” lives in the fly-in Jumbolair community in Anthony with his family.
- Kelly Preston.
- Mel Tillis.
- Steve Morse.
- Dave LaRue.
- Dory Funk Jr.
- Bobby Goldsboro.
- Bruce Swedien.
What is open in Ocala FL?
17 Best Things to Do in Ocala, FL — Top Activities & Places to Go!
- The Gypsy Gold Farm. 12501 8th Ave.
- Sholom Park. 7110 SW 80th Ave.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. 13700 SW 16th Ave.
- Ocala Downtown Square. Ocala Downtown Square.
- Petting Zoo Ocala.
- Reilly Arts Center.
- The Blue Wagyu.
- Silver Springs State Park.
What is there to do in Ocala for free?
Top 10 Free Things to Do
- Stroll through Tuscawilla Art Park.
- Go to a Local Splash Pad.
- Explore Fort King National Historic Landmark.
- Walk around Ocala Historic Downtown Square.
- Take a Hike.
- Line Dance at our Community Centers.
- Catch a Flick at After Dark in the Park.
What is there to do in Ocala this weekend?
15 Best Things to Do in Ocala (FL)
- Appleton Museum of Art.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
- Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Silver River Museum and Environmental Education Center.
- Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours.
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
- Gypsy Gold Horse Farm.
What celebrities live in Palm Coast Florida?
There is a long list of Palm Beach County celebrities who live in the area. 7 Palm Beach County Celebrities
- Bill Gates.
- Max Weinberg.
- Tami Hoag.
- Howard Stern.
- James Patterson.
- Tiger Woods.
- Jimmy Buffet.
Is Ocala FL a good place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
Closest Beach to Ocala – Crystal River.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
Best Alligator Farm in Ocala, FL
- GatorWorld Parks of Florida. 20.9 mi. Petting Zoos.
- The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tours. 6.5 mi. 139 reviews.
- Tom & Jerry’s Airboat Rides. 29.4 mi.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. 56.0 mi.
- Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours. 82.5 mi.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. 86.4 mi.
What is there to do in Ocala at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Ocala, FL
- Ocala Drive-In. 3.9 mi. Drive-In Theater.
- Painting with a Twist. 3.6 mi. Art Classes, Paint & Sip.
- Arcade Bar. 34.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 40.8 mi.
- Barnstorm Theatre. 24.5 mi.
- Lightnin’ Salvage. 35.3 mi.
- The Corkscrew. 1.1 mi.
- AMF Galaxy West Lanes. 0.6 mi.
How far is Ocala from beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
Is Ocala worth visiting?
Today, Ocala isn’t the tourist hot spot that it once was. BUT, that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth a visit. Especially if you’re driving to southern Florida from the midwest or the Carolinas, Ocala actually makes a perfect stop for a day or two.
Is there anything to do in Ocala?
From crystal clear water to pine forests Ocala has it all. You can explore historical sites from the Seminole wars, arts and cultural museums, equestrian events, outdoor activities and hiking trails, National Forests, and one of the largest artesian springs.
What does Ocala Florida have to offer?
Tucked into north central Florida in a region known as “horse country,” Ocala offers visitors winding community pathways lined with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish moss, and the opportunity to explore miles of untainted nature. Silver Springs is Florida’s “original attraction.”