- 1 Can you put electrical cables in recycling?
- 2 How do you recycle power cords?
- 3 Does Staples recycle electrical cords?
- 4 What is recyclable in Salem Oregon?
- 5 What can I do with old cords and cables?
- 6 Does Best Buy recycle power cords?
- 7 Can you put cables in the bin?
- 8 How do you recycle floppy disks?
- 9 Can you recycle binders at Staples?
- 10 How do you recycle toners?
- 11 What goes in glass recycling?
- 12 What goes in the red recycling box?
- 13 What plastics can be recycled in Salem Oregon?
Can you put electrical cables in recycling?
Small items – take them to a recycling bank Your items need to be smaller than 28cm by 23cm to fit into the banks. Cables, plugs, chargers and remote controls can all be recycled too. About.
How do you recycle power cords?
To recycle your old cords, e-waste facilities are your best option. Many communities now have dedicated e-waste recycling facilities, either run by private companies or by the local government. Best Buy is another popular e-waste recycler, and power cords are just one type of item they accept.
Does Staples recycle electrical cords?
ELECTRONIC WASTE RECYCLING Staples has been offering free office electronics recycling to all retail customers in the U.S. since 2012. Customers can bring any brand of office technology in any condition, regardless of where they purchased it, to Staples® stores for free recycling by our recycler, ERI Direct.
What is recyclable in Salem Oregon?
Accepted Items: Cardboard, Glass, Grayboard, Magazines, Mixed Scrap Paper, Newspaper, Office Paper, Plastic Bottles & Jugs, Tin & Aluminum cans. Pacific Sanitation Service, Inc. Address: 3475 Blossom Drive NE, Salem, Oregon Phone: 503-393-1031 Hours: Open for Recycling seven days a week/24 Hrs.
What can I do with old cords and cables?
Dispose of electronics Cords, chargers, plugs and old devices shouldn’t be thrown in the trash. They can often be recycled at stores such as Best Buy or at local businesses. Also keep an eye out for local e-cycling events. But if you want to get rid of the old items quickly, you can take them to a dump for disposal.
Does Best Buy recycle power cords?
Best Buy operates the largest retail collection program in the country, having collected and responsibly disposed of more than 1.5 billion pounds of electronics and appliances. And there’s no charge to recycle most items. That means you can bring in your old cords, cables, VCRs — you name it.
Can you put cables in the bin?
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) should not be placed in your general waste bin. The reason is because electrical equipment often contains hazardous substances and requires separate collection and recycling.
How do you recycle floppy disks?
How Do You Dispose Of Floppy Disks?
- Recycle Them. You can dispose of your old floppy disks by getting them to the nearest recycling station to you.
- Donate Them. You can also choose to donate the disks to charity homes and friends.
- Sell Them. Selling your floppy disks is also another means to dispose of them.
- Burn Them.
Can you recycle binders at Staples?
Staples is placing no limit on the number of binders that can be recycled or the new binders purchased, but $2 is the maximum discount on any new binder. The discount must be used the same day the binder is recycled.
How do you recycle toners?
Where to recycle toner cartridges
- Recycle in-store. Retailers participating in the free drop-off program for HP and Samsung toner products include Staples, Office Depot, Walmart, and Best Buy.
- 2. Mail in your empties.
- Use recycling toner collection units.
What goes in glass recycling?
Glass is completely recyclable and saves precious energy resources. Recycled glass is made into new beverage bottles, food jars, insulation and other construction materials.
What goes in the red recycling box?
Plastic and metal cans recycling in your Red Box
- Plastic bottles (e.g. drinks bottles, plastic milk bottles, bleach bottles, washing and fabric conditioner bottles etc.)
- Plastic tubs, pots and trays (e.g. margarine tubs, yoghurt pots etc.)
- Drink cans.
- Food tins (place tin lids inside the tin)
What plastics can be recycled in Salem Oregon?
Plastic (bottles and jugs only, clean with lids removed): Beverage bottles, 12 ounces or larger only (soda, water, juice) Other bottles (soap, household cleaning solutions)Jugs (milk, juice, detergent)