- 1 What is there to do in Ocala for free?
- 2 What is open in Ocala FL?
- 3 Is there anything to do in Ocala?
- 4 What is Ocala known for?
- 5 What is there to do in Ocala this weekend?
- 6 What is there to do in Ocala at night?
- 7 Is Ocala a good place to live?
- 8 Is Ocala a safe city?
- 9 How far is Ocala from the beach?
- 10 Is Ocala worth visiting?
- 11 Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
- 12 What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
- 13 What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
- 14 What is the racial makeup of Ocala Florida?
What is there to do in Ocala for free?
Top 10 Free Things to Do
- Stroll through Tuscawilla Art Park.
- Go to a Local Splash Pad.
- Explore Fort King National Historic Landmark.
- Walk around Ocala Historic Downtown Square.
- Take a Hike.
- Line Dance at our Community Centers.
- Catch a Flick at After Dark in the Park.
What is open in Ocala FL?
17 Best Things to Do in Ocala, FL — Top Activities & Places to Go!
- The Gypsy Gold Farm. 12501 8th Ave.
- Sholom Park. 7110 SW 80th Ave.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. 13700 SW 16th Ave.
- Ocala Downtown Square. Ocala Downtown Square.
- Petting Zoo Ocala.
- Reilly Arts Center.
- The Blue Wagyu.
- Silver Springs State Park.
Is there anything to do in Ocala?
From crystal clear water to pine forests Ocala has it all. You can explore historical sites from the Seminole wars, arts and cultural museums, equestrian events, outdoor activities and hiking trails, National Forests, and one of the largest artesian springs.
What is Ocala known for?
Ocala is located in Marion County. The city is well known for its hundreds of thoroughbred horse farms. Ocala and Marion County are known as the “horse capital of the world.” The horse farms are situated in attractive rolling green pastures. The area also features numerous rivers and lakes.
What is there to do in Ocala this weekend?
15 Best Things to Do in Ocala (FL)
- Appleton Museum of Art.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
- Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Silver River Museum and Environmental Education Center.
- Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours.
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
- Gypsy Gold Horse Farm.
What is there to do in Ocala at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Ocala, FL
- Ocala Drive-In. 3.9 mi. Drive-In Theater.
- Painting with a Twist. 3.6 mi. Art Classes, Paint & Sip.
- Arcade Bar. 34.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 40.8 mi.
- Barnstorm Theatre. 24.5 mi.
- Lightnin’ Salvage. 35.3 mi.
- The Corkscrew. 1.1 mi.
- AMF Galaxy West Lanes. 0.6 mi.
Is Ocala a good place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
Is Ocala a safe city?
Ocala is in the 51st percentile for safety, meaning 49% of cities are safer and 51% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Ocala’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Ocala is 26.36 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
How far is Ocala from the beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
Is Ocala worth visiting?
Today, Ocala isn’t the tourist hot spot that it once was. BUT, that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth a visit. Especially if you’re driving to southern Florida from the midwest or the Carolinas, Ocala actually makes a perfect stop for a day or two.
Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
Best Alligator Farm in Ocala, FL
- GatorWorld Parks of Florida. 20.9 mi. Petting Zoos.
- The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tours. 6.5 mi. 139 reviews.
- Tom & Jerry’s Airboat Rides. 29.4 mi.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. 56.0 mi.
- Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours. 82.5 mi.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. 86.4 mi.
What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
Closest Beach to Ocala – Crystal River.
What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
Here are some of the best places to find Ocala property:
- Silver Springs: Highway 40 is the main road through Silver Springs, running east and west and is located just above Ocala to the northeast.
- Belleview: Located south of Ocala, and just northwest from Lake Weir.
What is the racial makeup of Ocala Florida?
The racial makeup of the city was 72.9% White, 22.1% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.2% Asian, <0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.8% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.7% of the population.