- 1 How big is The Villages Florida?
- 2 What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
- 3 What is the largest retirement community in Florida?
- 4 Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages florida?
- 5 Why is The Villages so popular?
- 6 Is it expensive to live in The Villages florida?
- 7 Are there alligators in The Villages florida?
- 8 What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
- 9 What is the best village to live in The Villages florida?
- 10 How much money do I need to live in The Villages?
- 11 How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
- 12 Where do most retirees live in Florida?
- 13 What is the best 55+ community in Florida?
- 14 Where should I live in the villages florida?
How big is The Villages Florida?
There are roughly 78 different villages within The Villages and growing. Villages range in size from 100 homes to 1550 homes (Duval is the largest with 1550). The Villages property area covers 32 square miles and is growing through recent small acquisitions.
What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
Sinkholes. Sinkholes aren’t just a problem for The Villages, they occur in other places in Florida too. But over the last decade or so it seems like The Villages has seen more than its fair share of sinkholes following long periods of either very dry or very wet weather.
What is the largest retirement community in Florida?
The Villages, Florida’s largest retirement community, has the nation’s highest rate of working poor.
Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages florida?
As far as the numbers/percentages are concerned, you can see for yourself on the Florida Department of Health website that the disease totals in all three counties that make up The Villages combine to be just a very small percentage of STD’s in the state.
Why is The Villages so popular?
Today, The Villages is known for having the largest and most diverse collection of amenities of any community on the planet. Residents have access to an amazing collection of golf courses, recreation centers, and town squares, as well as an unparalleled number of clubs covering just about any topic you can imagine.
Is it expensive to live in The Villages florida?
The cost of living in The Villages is above average for the USA, mainly due to the cost of housing. At the time of this writing, the median home price in The Villages was $268,600. Things like groceries, health, and transportation compare well with the US average in terms of affordability.
Are there alligators in The Villages florida?
Spring brings a time of greater activity among alligators in Florida, including the ones in lakes and ponds here in The Villages. Courtship has been taking place during the month of April.
What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
Disadvantages of living in the towns
- There are not as many amenities as in city life.
- Opportunities in the villages are also scarce.
- If you do not have acquaintances in a town, job opportunities or success may also be scarce.
- Few educational advantages.
- Worse or lower quality job opportunities.
- Life in a town can be boring.
What is the best village to live in The Villages florida?
Village of Duval is the best area for you to live in if you want to have the best proximity to anything and everything in The Villages. This neighborhood is the biggest in The Villages with 1,550 homes. It started in 2006, and construction was completed in 2008.
How much money do I need to live in The Villages?
Ryan Erisman, author of “The Villages Florida Book,” says the first thing people interested in the area want to know is “Can I afford it?” The official Village line on what it costs to live there is $1,039 a month, well within many couples’ budgets, even those heavily reliant on Social Security.
How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
Property Taxes Property taxes are based on the selling price of the home. The Villages Florida is located in 3 counties with rate ranging from $13 (Sumter County) to $18 (Lake County) per thousand. If you are a full time resident you qualify for a homestead exemption that is currently $50,000.
Where do most retirees live in Florida?
Without further ado, here are the 25 best places to retire in Florida today.
- Sarasota. Located along the Gulf Coast just an hour south of Tampa and a little under two hours north of Fort Myers you will find the town of Sarasota.
- The Villages.
- New Smyrna Beach.
What is the best 55+ community in Florida?
The Best Florida Retirement Communities of 2021
- Latitude Margaritaville Daytona Beach.
- The Villages.
- Venetian Bay.
- Lakewood Ranch.
- Champions Gate.
- Del Webb Active Adult Communities.
- Cresswind 55+ Communities.
- Taylor Morrison Esplanade Communities.
Where should I live in the villages florida?
The best neighborhoods in the Villages Florida near Spanish Springs Town Square are:
- Del Mar.
- Rio Grande.
- Silver Lake.
- Orange Blossom Gardens.
- Country Club Hills.