- 1 What county are The Villages in?
- 2 How many counties is The Villages in Florida?
- 3 What villages are in Marion County?
- 4 What town in Florida are The Villages?
- 5 Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages Florida?
- 6 Why is The Villages so popular?
- 7 Is it expensive to live in The Villages Florida?
- 8 Are there alligators in The Villages Florida?
- 9 What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
- 10 What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
- 11 What is the nicest village in The Villages?
- 12 How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
- 13 What airport do you fly into for The Villages in Florida?
- 14 How far is The Villages in Florida from the beach?
- 15 How much money do I need to live in The Villages?
What county are The Villages in?
The Villages CDP, Florida; Sumter County, Florida.
How many counties is The Villages in Florida?
The Villages occupies parts of three counties in Florida (Lake, Sumter & Marion).
What villages are in Marion County?
Marion County Cities and Villages
- Caledonia Village. Marion City. Prospect Village.
- Green Camp Village. Morral Village. Waldo Village.
- LaRue Village. New Bloomington Village.
What town in Florida are The Villages?
The Villages is a master planned retirement community that sprawls over Sumter, Lake and Marion counties along US-441/US-27 between Ocala and Leesburg, Florida.
Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages Florida?
As far as the numbers/percentages are concerned, you can see for yourself on the Florida Department of Health website that the disease totals in all three counties that make up The Villages combine to be just a very small percentage of STD’s in the state.
Why is The Villages so popular?
Today, The Villages is known for having the largest and most diverse collection of amenities of any community on the planet. Residents have access to an amazing collection of golf courses, recreation centers, and town squares, as well as an unparalleled number of clubs covering just about any topic you can imagine.
Is it expensive to live in The Villages Florida?
The cost of living in The Villages is above average for the USA, mainly due to the cost of housing. At the time of this writing, the median home price in The Villages was $268,600. Things like groceries, health, and transportation compare well with the US average in terms of affordability.
Are there alligators in The Villages Florida?
Spring brings a time of greater activity among alligators in Florida, including the ones in lakes and ponds here in The Villages. Courtship has been taking place during the month of April.
What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
Disadvantages of living in the towns
- There are not as many amenities as in city life.
- Opportunities in the villages are also scarce.
- If you do not have acquaintances in a town, job opportunities or success may also be scarce.
- Few educational advantages.
- Worse or lower quality job opportunities.
- Life in a town can be boring.
What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
Sinkholes. Sinkholes aren’t just a problem for The Villages, they occur in other places in Florida too. But over the last decade or so it seems like The Villages has seen more than its fair share of sinkholes following long periods of either very dry or very wet weather.
What is the nicest village in The Villages?
Village of Duval is the best area for you to live in if you want to have the best proximity to anything and everything in The Villages. This neighborhood is the biggest in The Villages with 1,550 homes.
How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
Property Taxes Property taxes are based on the selling price of the home. The Villages Florida is located in 3 counties with rate ranging from $13 (Sumter County) to $18 (Lake County) per thousand. If you are a full time resident you qualify for a homestead exemption that is currently $50,000.
What airport do you fly into for The Villages in Florida?
The nearest airport to The Villages is Orlando Sanford (SFB) Airport which is 45 miles away. Other nearby airports include Orlando (MCO) (52.9 miles), Tampa (TPA) (75.2 miles), Jacksonville (JAX) (109.5 miles) and Sarasota/Bradenton (SRQ) (113.5 miles).
How far is The Villages in Florida from the beach?
How far is the ocean or beach from The Villages? The Villages is ideally located in Central Florida, approximately 40 miles from the west coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico and 70 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east. This makes a trip to the beach easy and convenient.
How much money do I need to live in The Villages?
Ryan Erisman, author of “The Villages Florida Book,” says the first thing people interested in the area want to know is “Can I afford it?” The official Village line on what it costs to live there is $1,039 a month, well within many couples’ budgets, even those heavily reliant on Social Security.