- 1 What is there to do in Marion County Florida today?
- 2 Who is the most famous person from Marion County Florida?
- 3 Is there anything to do in Ocala?
- 4 What is there to do in Ocala for free?
- 5 Is Ocala worth visiting?
- 6 What is Ocala Florida known for?
- 7 What celebrities live in Daytona Beach?
- 8 What celebrities live in Palm Coast Florida?
- 9 How far is Ocala from the beach?
- 10 Is Ocala a good place to live?
- 11 What is there to do in Ocala at night?
- 12 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 13 Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
- 14 What does Ocala mean in Spanish?
What is there to do in Marion County Florida today?
15 Best Things to Do in Ocala (FL)
- Appleton Museum of Art.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
- Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Silver River Museum and Environmental Education Center.
- Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours.
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
- Gypsy Gold Horse Farm.
Who is the most famous person from Marion County Florida?
The pictures are Star-Banner file photos.
- John Travolta. The two-time Academy Award nominee who starred in decades of films from “Grease” to “Pulp Fiction” lives in the fly-in Jumbolair community in Anthony with his family.
- Kelly Preston.
- Mel Tillis.
- Steve Morse.
- Dave LaRue.
- Dory Funk Jr.
- Bobby Goldsboro.
- Bruce Swedien.
Is there anything to do in Ocala?
From crystal clear water to pine forests Ocala has it all. You can explore historical sites from the Seminole wars, arts and cultural museums, equestrian events, outdoor activities and hiking trails, National Forests, and one of the largest artesian springs.
What is there to do in Ocala for free?
Top 10 Free Things to Do
- Stroll through Tuscawilla Art Park.
- Go to a Local Splash Pad.
- Explore Fort King National Historic Landmark.
- Walk around Ocala Historic Downtown Square.
- Take a Hike.
- Line Dance at our Community Centers.
- Catch a Flick at After Dark in the Park.
Is Ocala worth visiting?
Today, Ocala isn’t the tourist hot spot that it once was. BUT, that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth a visit. Especially if you’re driving to southern Florida from the midwest or the Carolinas, Ocala actually makes a perfect stop for a day or two.
What is Ocala Florida known for?
Introduction to Ocala, Florida The city is well known for its hundreds of thoroughbred horse farms. Ocala and Marion County are known as the “horse capital of the world.” The horse farms are situated in attractive rolling green pastures. The area also features numerous rivers and lakes.
What celebrities live in Daytona Beach?
There must be something special in these waters!
- Matthias Day. This wealthy tycoon hailed from Ohio, where he had made his fortune by selling sugar mill machinery and farm tools.
- Norman Rockwell.
- Brian Kelley of Florida Georgia Line.
- Ryan Lochte.
- Chipper Jones.
- John D.
- Bob Ross.
- Vince Carter.
What celebrities live in Palm Coast Florida?
There is a long list of Palm Beach County celebrities who live in the area. 7 Palm Beach County Celebrities
- Bill Gates.
- Max Weinberg.
- Tami Hoag.
- Howard Stern.
- James Patterson.
- Tiger Woods.
- Jimmy Buffet.
How far is Ocala from the beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
Is Ocala a good place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
What is there to do in Ocala at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Ocala, FL
- Ocala Drive-In. 3.9 mi. Drive-In Theater.
- Painting with a Twist. 3.6 mi. Art Classes, Paint & Sip.
- Arcade Bar. 34.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 40.8 mi.
- Barnstorm Theatre. 24.5 mi.
- Lightnin’ Salvage. 35.3 mi.
- The Corkscrew. 1.1 mi.
- AMF Galaxy West Lanes. 0.6 mi.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
Best Alligator Farm in Ocala, FL
- GatorWorld Parks of Florida. 20.9 mi. Petting Zoos.
- The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tours. 6.5 mi. 139 reviews.
- Tom & Jerry’s Airboat Rides. 29.4 mi.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. 56.0 mi.
- Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours. 82.5 mi.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. 86.4 mi.
What does Ocala mean in Spanish?
The city’s name was derived from Ocali, the Timucua Indian name for the province through which Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto passed in 1539; its literal meaning is unknown. After the Seminole Wars, Ocala evolved as an agricultural (citrus, corn [maize], cotton, and livestock) centre.