- 1 What villages are in Marion County?
- 2 What counties are in The Villages?
- 3 How many counties are in The Villages florida?
- 4 Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages Florida?
- 5 Is it expensive to live in The Villages Florida?
- 6 Why is The Villages so popular?
- 7 What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
- 8 What is the nicest village in The Villages?
- 9 Are there alligators in The Villages Florida?
- 10 How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
- 11 What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
- 12 Why The Villages Florida is the most popular city to move to?
- 13 What’s the closest airport to The Villages in Florida?
- 14 Who lives in The Villages florida?
What villages are in Marion County?
Marion County Cities and Villages
- Caledonia Village. Marion City. Prospect Village.
- Green Camp Village. Morral Village. Waldo Village.
- LaRue Village. New Bloomington Village.
What counties are in The Villages?
The Villages spans three counties in Central Florida, including Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. There are currently three individual zip codes in The Villages: 32159.
How many counties are in The Villages florida?
The Villages occupies parts of three counties in Florida (Lake, Sumter & Marion).
Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages Florida?
As far as the numbers/percentages are concerned, you can see for yourself on the Florida Department of Health website that the disease totals in all three counties that make up The Villages combine to be just a very small percentage of STD’s in the state.
Is it expensive to live in The Villages Florida?
The cost of living in The Villages is above average for the USA, mainly due to the cost of housing. At the time of this writing, the median home price in The Villages was $268,600. Things like groceries, health, and transportation compare well with the US average in terms of affordability.
Why is The Villages so popular?
Today, The Villages is known for having the largest and most diverse collection of amenities of any community on the planet. Residents have access to an amazing collection of golf courses, recreation centers, and town squares, as well as an unparalleled number of clubs covering just about any topic you can imagine.
What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
Sinkholes. Sinkholes aren’t just a problem for The Villages, they occur in other places in Florida too. But over the last decade or so it seems like The Villages has seen more than its fair share of sinkholes following long periods of either very dry or very wet weather.
What is the nicest village in The Villages?
Village of Duval is the best area for you to live in if you want to have the best proximity to anything and everything in The Villages. This neighborhood is the biggest in The Villages with 1,550 homes.
Are there alligators in The Villages Florida?
Spring brings a time of greater activity among alligators in Florida, including the ones in lakes and ponds here in The Villages. Courtship has been taking place during the month of April.
How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
Property Taxes Property taxes are based on the selling price of the home. The Villages Florida is located in 3 counties with rate ranging from $13 (Sumter County) to $18 (Lake County) per thousand. If you are a full time resident you qualify for a homestead exemption that is currently $50,000.
What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
Disadvantages of living in the towns
- There are not as many amenities as in city life.
- Opportunities in the villages are also scarce.
- If you do not have acquaintances in a town, job opportunities or success may also be scarce.
- Few educational advantages.
- Worse or lower quality job opportunities.
- Life in a town can be boring.
Why The Villages Florida is the most popular city to move to?
Having an endless amount of necessities and options is also why The Villages, Florida, adds tremendously to a residents’ quality of life. It’s the largest Active Adult Community globally and provides countless opportunities for getting outside or staying active.
What’s the closest airport to The Villages in Florida?
The nearest airport to The Villages is Orlando Sanford (SFB) Airport which is 45 miles away. Other nearby airports include Orlando (MCO) (52.9 miles), Tampa (TPA) (75.2 miles), Jacksonville (JAX) (109.5 miles) and Sarasota/Bradenton (SRQ) (113.5 miles).
Who lives in The Villages florida?
About 115,000 people live in the villages in Central Florida, dubbed “The Villagers.” With a community of 60,000 households, this active-adult retirement community provides countless activities for retirees, including recreation, shopping, golf, dining, and more.