- 1 How many square miles is The Villages in Florida?
- 2 How long have The Villages been in Florida?
- 3 Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages Florida?
- 4 Why is The Villages so popular?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
- 6 Is it expensive to live in The Villages Florida?
- 7 Are there alligators in The Villages Florida?
- 8 What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
- 9 How far is The Villages from the beach?
- 10 Why The Villages Florida is the most popular city to move to?
- 11 How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
- 12 What is the best place to live in The Villages florida?
- 13 Is The Villages a good place to retire?
How many square miles is The Villages in Florida?
There are roughly 78 different villages within The Villages and growing. Villages range in size from 100 homes to 1550 homes (Duval is the largest with 1550). The Villages property area covers 32 square miles and is growing through recent small acquisitions.
How long have The Villages been in Florida?
The first settlers in Marion County, home of The Villages, came to the area in the 1840s for the free land being offered as part of the Armed Occupation Act. The act was passed as a way to populate the state and to control the Seminole Indians who were already occupying the land.
Is there a lot of STDS in The Villages Florida?
As far as the numbers/percentages are concerned, you can see for yourself on the Florida Department of Health website that the disease totals in all three counties that make up The Villages combine to be just a very small percentage of STD’s in the state.
Why is The Villages so popular?
Today, The Villages is known for having the largest and most diverse collection of amenities of any community on the planet. Residents have access to an amazing collection of golf courses, recreation centers, and town squares, as well as an unparalleled number of clubs covering just about any topic you can imagine.
What are the disadvantages of living in a village?
Disadvantages of living in the towns
- There are not as many amenities as in city life.
- Opportunities in the villages are also scarce.
- If you do not have acquaintances in a town, job opportunities or success may also be scarce.
- Few educational advantages.
- Worse or lower quality job opportunities.
- Life in a town can be boring.
Is it expensive to live in The Villages Florida?
The cost of living in The Villages is above average for the USA, mainly due to the cost of housing. At the time of this writing, the median home price in The Villages was $268,600. Things like groceries, health, and transportation compare well with the US average in terms of affordability.
Are there alligators in The Villages Florida?
Spring brings a time of greater activity among alligators in Florida, including the ones in lakes and ponds here in The Villages. Courtship has been taking place during the month of April.
What is wrong with The Villages in Florida?
Sinkholes. Sinkholes aren’t just a problem for The Villages, they occur in other places in Florida too. But over the last decade or so it seems like The Villages has seen more than its fair share of sinkholes following long periods of either very dry or very wet weather.
How far is The Villages from the beach?
How far is the ocean or beach from The Villages? The Villages is ideally located in Central Florida, approximately 40 miles from the west coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico and 70 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east. This makes a trip to the beach easy and convenient.
Why The Villages Florida is the most popular city to move to?
Having an endless amount of necessities and options is also why The Villages, Florida, adds tremendously to a residents’ quality of life. It’s the largest Active Adult Community globally and provides countless opportunities for getting outside or staying active.
How much are property taxes in The Villages in Florida?
Property Taxes Property taxes are based on the selling price of the home. The Villages Florida is located in 3 counties with rate ranging from $13 (Sumter County) to $18 (Lake County) per thousand. If you are a full time resident you qualify for a homestead exemption that is currently $50,000.
What is the best place to live in The Villages florida?
Village of Duval is the best area for you to live in if you want to have the best proximity to anything and everything in The Villages. This neighborhood is the biggest in The Villages with 1,550 homes.
Is The Villages a good place to retire?
In 2018, Forbes named The Village to its list of 25 Best Places to Retire. The community is also consistently ranked among the nation’s most popular active adult communities.