- 1 Who is the most famous person from Marion County Florida?
- 2 What is the county for Ocala Florida?
- 3 What celebrities live in Palm Coast Florida?
- 4 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 5 What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
- 6 What is the racial makeup of Ocala Florida?
- 7 Is Marion Oaks a deed restricted community?
- 8 Is Ocala a good place to live?
- 9 What is the sales tax in Marion County Florida?
- 10 How bad is crime in Ocala FL?
- 11 What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
Who is the most famous person from Marion County Florida?
The pictures are Star-Banner file photos.
- John Travolta. The two-time Academy Award nominee who starred in decades of films from “Grease” to “Pulp Fiction” lives in the fly-in Jumbolair community in Anthony with his family.
- Kelly Preston.
- Mel Tillis.
- Steve Morse.
- Dave LaRue.
- Dory Funk Jr.
- Bobby Goldsboro.
- Bruce Swedien.
What is the county for Ocala Florida?
Marion County is in the 56th percentile for safety, meaning 44% of counties are safer and 56% of counties are more dangerous. The rate of violent crime in Marion County is 2.98 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What celebrities live in Palm Coast Florida?
There is a long list of Palm Beach County celebrities who live in the area. 7 Palm Beach County Celebrities
- Bill Gates.
- Max Weinberg.
- Tami Hoag.
- Howard Stern.
- James Patterson.
- Tiger Woods.
- Jimmy Buffet.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
What is the closest beach to Ocala Florida?
Closest Beach to Ocala – Crystal River.
What is the racial makeup of Ocala Florida?
The racial makeup of the city was 72.9% White, 22.1% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.2% Asian, <0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.8% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.7% of the population.
Is Marion Oaks a deed restricted community?
Marion Oaks is another fabulous deed-restricted community! Lots to offer including golf course, community center, basketball courts, library/media center, tennis courts, playground and party gazebo!
Is Ocala a good place to live?
Ocala isn’t just one of the most beautiful — and cleanest — places to live! A recent article by Yahoo! Finance depicted the 30 most affordable downtown areas to live across the United States. With a median home price of $248,700 and a median rent of $1,289, downtown Ocala, Florida ranked number ten on the list.
What is the sales tax in Marion County Florida?
Marion County, Florida sales tax rate details The minimum combined 2021 sales tax rate for Marion County, Florida is 7%. This is the total of state and county sales tax rates. The Florida state sales tax rate is currently 6%. The Marion County sales tax rate is 1%.
How bad is crime in Ocala FL?
Ocala was number 17 in the state of Florida for most violent cities. The Annual UCR calculates crime rate – a calculation based on population; the total number of index crimes reported per 100,000 people, and crime volume – the total number of index crimes known to law enforcement.
What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
Here are some of the best places to find Ocala property:
- Silver Springs: Highway 40 is the main road through Silver Springs, running east and west and is located just above Ocala to the northeast.
- Belleview: Located south of Ocala, and just northwest from Lake Weir.