- 1 What is the county of Marion IL?
- 2 Is Marion Illinois Safe?
- 3 Is Marion Illinois a good place to live?
- 4 Why is southern Illinois called Little Egypt?
- 5 What is the safest place to live in Illinois?
- 6 Is Mattoon Illinois Safe?
- 7 Is Carbondale Illinois Safe?
- 8 Why is it called Devils Kitchen Lake?
- 9 How big is Williamson County Illinois?
What is the county of Marion IL?
Marion is a city in Williamson and Johnson Counties, Illinois, United States, and is the county seat of Williamson County. The population was 17,438 at the 2020 census.
Is Marion Illinois Safe?
Marion is safer than the majority of cities, towns, and villages in America (77%) and also has a lower crime rate than 74% of the communities in Illinois, according to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime data.
Is Marion Illinois a good place to live?
Marion is an overall good place to live in. I would have to say, growing up not being rich, I didn’t have as many opportunities as others. To get into a school sport during MIddle school or High school, you have to be popular and rich.
Why is southern Illinois called Little Egypt?
Southern Illinois has long been referred to as “Little Egypt.” This nickname may be the result of the practices of early settlers from Northern Illinois who traveled to Southern Illinois to buy grain after a series of bad winters and droughts.
What is the safest place to live in Illinois?
According To Safewise, These Are The 10 Safest Cities To Live In Illinois In 2021
- Lake in the Hills.
- Orland Hills. Inventorchris/Flickr.
- Elburn. Slambo/Wikimedia Commons.
- Lindenhurst. Village of Lindenhurst, IL/Facebook.
- Inverness. *Hajee/Flickr.
- Hawthorn Woods. Inventorchris/Flickr.
- Campton Hills. Teemu008/Flickr.
Is Mattoon Illinois Safe?
Mattoon has an overall crime rate of 15 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Mattoon is 1 in 69.
Is Carbondale Illinois Safe?
Is Carbondale, IL Safe? The D- grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. Carbondale is in the 10th percentile for safety, meaning 90% of cities are safer and 10% of cities are more dangerous.
Why is it called Devils Kitchen Lake?
The hobos took over one building and used it for their cooking. It was quite a mess. When Eleanore walked into the cook shack, she said, “This truly is the Devil’s kitchen.” From that day on the lake had a new name.
How big is Williamson County Illinois?
The 15th congressional district of Illinois is located in eastern and southeastern Illinois. It is currently represented by Republican Mary Miller.